Rohingya child dies being electrified during strong wind at camp

Naya Para Representative| RNTv

A Rohingya child has died due to electric shock at Nayapara refugee camp in Teknaf of Cox’s Bazar, RNTv source reports. This incident happened on 30th April, Monday evening in C-Block of Nayapara registered refugee camp. The deceased victim was identified as Mohammad Rakib (12) son of Shamsul Alam of that block.

Nayapara refugee camp Rohingya representative Abdun Nabi said that the child was trapped in a tin-shed during a strong pre-monsoon wind in the evening. When the electric wire got attached to the tin, the whole tin-shed was electrified. The Rohingya child was seriously injured after being victim of electric shock. Later, being rescued he was rushed to Teknaf Health Complex and there doctor declared him dead.